Acid etched concrete is a stunning non slip outdoor finish.
Suitable for swimming pools, outdoor entertaining areas, pathways and drive ways. Unlike traditional exposed aggregate concrete it is comfortable under foot.
Acid Etching Concrete Process
HOW WE WORK
GrindWorks Acid Etched concrete is achieved by grinding the concrete to full exposure.
Through a series of finer grit diamonds ensures the removal of scratches and the concrete is then ready to be “Acid Etched”.
A 50% Hydrochloric Acid and 50% water mix is broomed around evenly allowing the concrete to be “Etched” around the stone offering a flat under foot, non-slip finish ideal for driveways, swimming pools and outdoor entertaining areas.
The concrete is then washed with high pressure, dried and sealed with a UV stable polyurethane sealer, delivering a beautiful and long lasting non slip alternative to timber and paving.
The Advantages of Acid Etching
WHY ACID ETCHING?
- Acid etching concrete is a fantastic way to enhance the look and feel of your new or existing concrete floor. While the flooring technique has traditionally been used for driveways and patios, the non-slippery properties of acid etched concrete make it perfect for backyards and pool areas. In fact, this property contribute to making these areas safer.
- The advantages of acid etching, however, are not limited to the friction they offer. If you’re renovating and thinking of painting or simply covering your concrete flooring with a protective sealant, doing so can be difficult as concrete surfaces can often be too hard or too smooth to accept and bond with new materials. With acid etching, the “pores” of the concrete open up, making it ready for any kind of treatment after that. Sure, there are other ways to achieve similar results. However, acid etching concrete is by far, the most efficient.
- At GrindWorks, we take great pride in our experience and craftsmanship. Our team (or family) consistently goes the extra mile to ensure our clients are treated with the highest quality standards of work. We make this possible by maintaining clear communication with our clients, while promising 100% commitment to quality and timelines. This attitude has helped us work with hundreds of happy clients over the past four decades. Is your floor going to be the next? Get in touch with us for a free, no-obligation quote!
It is the process of washing concrete with an acid-based solution made of 50% Hydrochloric acid and 50% water. This allows the concrete to be etched around the stone.
With acid etching, the pores of the concrete open up, making it ready for any kind of treatment. Also, the non-slippery property of an acid-etched concrete makes it ideal for backyards, driveways, and pools.
A 50% Hydrochloric Acid and 50% water mix is broomed around, evenly allowing the concrete to be etched around the stone. The concrete is then washed with high pressure, dried, and sealed with a UV stable polyurethane sealer.
No, we cannot. The purpose of acid etching concrete is to allow the solution to come in contact with the substrate. The paint on it will prevent that from happening.
The first thing after etching concrete is allowing the surface to dry. There are various kinds of concrete etchers. If you have bought a specific product, such as an acid wash, make sure to follow the company’s guidelines and instructions on how to apply it best. Depending what concentrates you have used (if any) will depend on how long to wait before applying paint or stain. Generally speaking, though, it would be at least 4 days before foot traffic and 10 days before vehicle traffic or paint applications so that time is needed for all the components to set in properly.
Hydrochloric acid is the typical acid used to etch concrete, also known as muriatic acid. However, it is a hazardous substance that professionals best handle. Here is the entire process for etching.
- Clean up and get the concrete ready.
- Dampen the entire area with a hose.
- Use a sprayer to apply the acid thoroughly
- Wait for the acid to react to the space.
- Rinse the floor and let it air dry.
- After etching, use the epoxy or sealer.
Are you a homeowner looking for durable and aesthetically pleasing options for your pool deck design? There are various
Concrete flooring is one of the most cost-effective and long-lasting options for flooring, and it also has an understate
There’s no denying that concrete is the most durable choice for your residential or commercial spaces. It is cost-
Concrete has been a dominating choice for flooring. It offers better durability, easy maintenance, and an outstanding ap
Reasons to Consider Concrete Grinding and Polishing If you are looking for a smooth and shiny concrete surface, then gri
Congratulations- You’ve finally spared some time and decided to clean your concrete flooring, great! That’s the reas
Polished concrete floors are a popular choice for commercial and residential flooring. Exposed concrete floors not only
First of all congratulations on the installation of your new floors. And while your floors are exposed to the nit and gr
Concrete flooring has stood the test of time, providing maximum durability. However, specialized services are essential
Concrete is considered a robust and versatile building material and a perfect foundation for living spaces, pathways, an
Commercial floors are subjected to more footfall than residential floors. Facilities like manufacturing plants, warehous
Concrete is one of the most sought-after materials used in construction projects. Many homes have plenty of concrete as
So, did you just go in with the raving trends and install the most aesthetically appealing polished concrete floors in y
Uneven floors may not always be obvious and cause individuals to trip and fall. It may result from the property owner
Does your home have plenty of concrete both in the interior and exterior? If you do, you know that concrete can be very
When it comes to concrete, you are bound to find that the material is one of the most ubiquitous building materials and
Interior designing has more to it than just selecting a particular colour for the walls or thinking of a false ceiling d
Garages are made to look greasy and untidy. And we highly contradict this fact. It’s very rare that homeowners like y
One thing is for sure! Life is never going to be the same post pandemic. Apart from adapting to the new normal, we have
There has been a revolution in the flooring materials and styles recently. It is natural to get confused when choosing t
Does your home exterior have concrete floors in a substantial area? Well, then the ground near the pool, the driveway, a
The moment something gets famous, you’ll see a rush of queries springing up about it. The same happened with the polis
Concrete grinding and polishing are quite a common procedure of treating your floors and giving it a new life! This is a
There was a time when concrete was only used in your gardens, garages, driveways, and the exterior part of your home. Bu
Everyone wants to keep their house spick and span, but one must act as per their house’s maintenance requirements. Con
We all have concrete in some parts of our house or another. It is the oldest flooring material that is still used with u
Concrete is considered to be one of the strongest muscles of the construction industry. However concrete in its raw form
Concrete grinding and leveling are two different techniques used for repairing sidewalks or driveways. Sometimes, it bec
Many property owners make the mistake of thinking that concrete floors come with no maintenance. Well, it’s a fact
Australia enjoys a sunny climate with mild winters and warm summers, perfect for spending time in the great outdoors. Th
Concrete is a common flooring material prefered by offices, homes, outdoor entertainment areas and other types of buildi